TAKEN BY THE TOWNSHIP BOARD
THE CHARTER TOWNSHIP OF INDEPENDENCE
October 17, 2017
A. A Regular Meeting of the Charter Township of Independence Board was called to order at 6:00 PM at Independence Township Hall.
B. The Pledge of Allegiance was led by Quinton Traver of Boy Scout Troop 377
C. ROLL CALL: Present: Kittle, Pallotta, Brown, Aliaga, Ritchie, Schroeder Absent: Loughrin
There was a quorum present.Also Present: Wendy Hillman, Finance Director; David McKee, DPW Director; Derek Smith, PR&S Director; Rick Yaeger, Budget and Operations Analyst; Steven P. Joppich, Johnson, Rosati, Schultz & Joppich, P.C.
D. APPROVAL OF AGENDA: As presented
E. CLOSED SESSION / BUDGET SESSION / STUDY SESSION: 1. BUDGET SESSION: Review of 2018 Budget Updates for General, Fire, PRS, ITV, Safety Path, Sewer and Water Funds
F. BOARD/PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENTS: Trustee Schroeder; Supervisor Kittle
G. PUBLIC COMMENT: None
H. PUBLIC HEARING: None
I. PRESENTATIONS AND REPORTS: None
J. CARRYOVER / POSTPONED AGENDA ITEMS: None
K. CONSENT AGENDA:
1. Approval of the Board of Trustees Regular Meeting Minutes of October 3, 2017.
2. Approval of the Payroll of October 6, 2017 and Check Run of October 10, 2017 for a Total Amount of $753,941.733. Approval of Distribution Site Agreement – Older Persons’ Commission (OPC) and Charter Township of Independence
L. ITEMS REMOVED FROM THE CONSENT AGENDA: None
M. REGULAR BUSINESS:
1. Adoption of Resolution Prorating the “Surplus Special Assessment” for the Avington Park Road Paving Project
2. Approval of 2017 Budget Amendment #39 – Recognize Donations, Insurance Reimbursements and Additional Senior Division TravelThe meeting RECESSED at 6:16 p.m.The meeting RECONVENED at 6:17 p.m.
3. Acceptance of Proposal and Approval of Letter of Agreement for Architectural Services – 2017 Capital Improvement Project – Clintonwood Park Day Camp Building
4. Acceptance of Proposal – 2017 CIP Clintonwood Park Baseball Fields 4-7 Renovation Project – Labor
5. Amendment to previously Approved Motion #2017-07-139 – Help America Vote Act (HAVA) Grant Agreement – Voting System Hardware, Firmware and Software
6. Waived Procurement, Petty Cash and Credit Card Policy and Ratified Purchase Exceeding $25,000.00
N. COMMUNICATIONS / FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS / REPORTS:
1. Minutes: Information Technology Oversight Committee (ITOC) – Final – September 5, 2017
2. Minutes: Audit Advisory Committee – Final – July 11, 20173. Report: Fiscal 2017 Actual to Budget Update for period ending September 30, 2017O.
BOARD MEMBER COMMENTS: Clerk Pallotta; Trustee Schroeder; Supervisor Kittle
P. ADJOURNMENT: The Regular Meeting adjourned at 6:30 PM
Respectfully Submitted,Barbara A. Pallotta, CMC
Published: Wednesday, October 25, 2017