TAKEN BY THE TOWNSHIP BOARD
THE CHARTER TOWNSHIP OF INDEPENDENCE
August 14, 2018
- A Regular Meeting of the Charter Township of Independence Board was called to order at 6:00 p.m. Independence Township Hall
- The Pledge of Allegiance was given.
- ROLL CALL: Present: Kittle, Pallotta, Brown, Aliaga, Loughrin, Ritchie, Schroeder
Also Present: Wendy Hillman, Finance Director; Brian Oppmann, Planning & Zoning Manager; Lt. Larry Perry, Oakland County Sheriff’s Office; Derek Smith, PR&S Director; Rick Yaeger, Budget & Operations Analyst; Nancy Faught, Hubbell, Roth & Clark, Inc.; Steven Joppich, Johnson, Rosati, Schultz & Joppich, P.C.; Eric A. McGlothlin, Dickinson Wright, PLLC; Michael T. Gormerly, Hutchinson, Shockey, Erley & Co
There was a quorum present:
- APPROVAL OF AGENDA: As presented.
- CLOSED SESSION / BUDGET SESSION / STUDY SESSION:
- CLOSED SESSION: Request to Enter into Closed Session – Open Meetings Act MCL 15.268(d)
The meeting RECESSED at 6:01 p.m.
The meeting RECONVENED at 6:28 p.m.
Authorization to proceed with negotiation and entering into a purchase agreement for the Township’s acquisition of property presented in Closed Session.
- BOARD/PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENTS: Supervisor Kittle, Trustee Ritchie, Trustee Aliaga, Clerk Pallotta, Trustee Schroeder
- PUBLIC COMMENT: None
- PUBLIC HEARING: None
- PRESENTATIONS AND REPORTS:
- Report: Supervisor’s Update – None
- CARRYOVER / POSTPONED AGENDA ITEMS: None
- CONSENT AGENDA:
- Approval of the Board of Trustees Regular Meeting Minutes of July 24, 2018
- Approval of the August 8, 2018 Check Run ($1,341,873.33) and Ratify July 27, 2018 Payroll ($291,089.99) and August 10, 2018 Payroll (293,554.42)
- ITEMS REMOVED FROM THE CONSENT AGENDA: None
- REGULAR BUSINESS:
- Adoption of Resolution – Agreement with Sashabaw Road Corridor Improvement Authority
- Adoption of Resolution – 2018 Capital Improvement Bonds (Limited Tax General Obligation)
- Approval of Cost Participation Agreement – Road Commission for Oakland County (RCOC)
- Approval of Agreement – Sale of Township Property
- Authorized Special Event and Approval of Application – Disaster Relief at Work (DRAW) “The Bucket Run”
- Approval of Memo of Agreement (MOA) – Clarkston Area Chamber of Commerce
- Approval of 2018 Budget Amendment #29 – Police Fund
- Approval of 2018 Budget Amendment #30
- Amendment to Motion #2018-06-121 – MassMutual Administrative Services Agreements
- Approval of Agreement – 2018-2019 Clarkston Area Youth Assistance (CAYA) Sponsorship Funding
- COMMUNICATIONS / FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS / REPORTS:
- Report: Oakland County Sheriff’s Department Monthly Report – June 2018
- Report: Building Department Monthly Report – July 2018
- Minutes: Election Commission – Final; July 10, 2018
- Minutes: Corridor Improvement Authority Committee (CIA) – Final; March 29, 2018
- BOARD MEMBER COMMENTS: Trustee Ritchie
- ADJOURNMENT: The Regular Meeting adjourned at 7:12 p.m.
Barbara A. Pallotta, CMC
Published: Wednesday, August 22, 2018