ZONING BOARD OF APPEALS
DATE AND TIME: Wednesday, November 7, 2018 at 7:00 p.m.
LOCATION: Independence Township Hall
6483 Waldon Center Drive,
Clarkston, MI 48346
- CALL TO ORDER
- PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG OF THE UNITED STATES
- ROLL CALL:
- REVIEW OF AGENDA: Agenda additions or deletions require a majority vote of Board Members present.
- PUBLIC COMMENT FOR ITEMS NOT ON THE AGENDA:
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
- Case #18-001, Robert Helms, Petitioner, Requesting: Two (2) total variances: 1) A 2 foot lot width variance and 2) A variance to exceed the ¼ width to depth ratio maximum; both from Section 4.06(D), Table 4.06 for the purposes of a lot split, 5846 Flemings Lake Rd., Parcel #08-22-101-006, R-1A Single Family Residential. (POSTPONED FEBRUARY 7, 2018)
- Case #18-023, Kurt Neiswender, Petitioner, Requesting: Two total variances; 1) An 8 foot side yard setback variance and 2) A 27.6 foot front yard setback variance, both from Section 4.06(D), Table 4.06 for the purposes of replacing a carport with a garage on a non-conforming lot of record, 7230 Clement Rd., Parcel #08-31-427-031, R-1A Single Family Residential. (POSTPONED OCTOBER 3, 2018)
- NEW BUSINESS:
- Case #18-029, David Wilson, Petitioner, Requesting: Two total variances; 1) A 54 foot rear yard setback variance, and 2) A 15 foot side yard variance, both from Section 5.06(A)(4), Table 5.06-2 for the purposes of constructing an addition to an accessory structure, 10180 Horseshoe Circle, Parcel #08-03-103-008, R-1R Rural Residential.
- Case #18-030, John Schalliol, Petitioner, Requesting: Three (3) total variances: 1) A variance from Section 12.02(F)(2) in order to permit LED menu board signs, 2) A variance from Section 12.09(C) in order to permit a total of four (4) menu board signs and, 3) A 12.1 square foot sign area variance from Section 12.09(C) in order to install new menu board signs, 6695 Dixie Hwy., Parcel #08-29-452-003, C-3 Highway Commercial.
- Case #18-031, Garrett Day, Petitioner, Requesting: A 1.5 foot height variance from Section 5.06(A)(4), Table 5.06-2 in order to construct a new pole barn, 5150 Williamson St., Parcel #08-34-151-011, R-1A Single Family Residential.
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
- Regular Meeting Minutes of October 3, 2018
NOTICE: Persons with disabilities needing accommodations for effective participation in this meeting should contact the Building Department at (248) 625-8111 at least two working days in advance of the meeting. An attempt shall be made to provide reasonable accommodations.
NOTICE: The above requests may be examined at the Building Department during regular business hours. Written comments may be sent to the attention of the Zoning Board of Appeals c/o Charter Township of Independence – Building Department; 6483 Waldon Center Drive – Clarkston, Michigan 48346 prior to the Meeting / Public Hearing. For further information call (248) 625-8111.
Barbara A. Pallotta, Clerk