City of the Village of Clarkston
Artemus M. Pappas Village Hall
375 Depot Road
Clarkston, Michigan 48346
City Council Regular Meeting Minutes
11 14 2022 Final Minutes
1. Call To Order @ 7:00pm By Mayor Haven
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Oath Of Office Mayor – Eric Haven Council Members – Mark Lamphier, Amanda Wakefield, Sue Wylie. Given by Clerk Speagle.
4. Motion Mayor Pro Tem Appointment Motioned by Haven Seconded by Casey to appoint Sue Wylie to the position of Mayor Pro Tem through November 14, 2023. Casey, Fuller, Lamphier, Haven, Rodgers, Wakefield – Yes. Wylie – Abstained. Motion Carried.
5. Roll Call Haven, Wylie, Casey, Fuller, Lamphier, Rodgers, Wakefield – Present.
6. Approval of Agenda – Motion Motioned by Wylie Seconded by Wakefield to approve the agenda as presented. All Aye Motion Carried.
7. Public Comments: By Chet Pardee. After Agenda Item 14 a discussion was had with Duane Lobbestael of State Electric regarding EV chargers and charging stations.
8. FYI Laura Rodgers gave an update on the December 10th, 2022, Christmas Market.
9. Election Update by Clerk Speagle
10. City Manager Report
11. Motion: Acceptance of The Consent Agenda As Presented Motioned by Wylie Seconded by Rodgers to accept the Consent Agenda as presented. All Aye. Motion Carried.
12. Old Business
13. New Business
13.a. Discussion/Motion: Parking Ticket Appeal Motioned by Wylie Seconded by Casey to deny Mr Ballards citation appeal (Mr Ballard did not appear) and approval to move forward with contacting the District Court to pursue the payment of the citation. All Aye Motion Carried.
13.b. Resolution: Purchase Of Parking Kiosk Hardware For Depot Rd Lot Motioned by Wylie Seconded by Rodgers to authorize the City Manager to proceed with the purchase and installation of one payment kiosk adjacent to the Depot Road Parking lot, including electrical connections, overhead light, concrete slab and bollards with a total not-to-exceed cost of $14,550, to be funded by the Parking Fund. Haven, Wylie, Casey, Fuller, Lamphier, Rodgers – Yes. Wakefield – No. Motion Carried.
13.c. Resolution: MDOT Non-Motorized Transportation Improvements Motioned by Wylie Seconded by Rodgers to submit the provided plan to the State of Michigan, to achieve compliance with Section 10k of the Act 51 law. Haven, Wylie, Casey, Fuller, Lamphier, Rodgers, Wakefield – Yes. Motion Carried
14. Discussion: Presentation of The 21/22 FY Budget Audit Motioned by Wylie Seconded by Fuller to accept the 21/22 FY Audit presented by Rana Emmons. All Aye. Motion Carried.
15. Adjourn Motioned by Wylie Seconded by Fuller to adjourn at 8:44pm. All Aye. Motion Carried.
Respectfully Submitted by Jennifer Speagle, City Clerk.