City of the Village of Clarkston
Artemus M. Pappas Village Hall
375 Depot Road
Clarkston, Michigan 48346
City Council Regular Meeting Minutes
10 24 2022 Final Minutes
1. Call To Order @ 7:00pm by Mayor Haven.
2. Pledge Of Allegiance
3. Roll Call: Haven, Casey, Rodgers, Luginski – Present. Avery, Fuller, Wylie – Absent.
4. Approval Of Agenda – Motion: Motioned by Luginski Seconded by Casey to approve the Agenda as presented. All Aye. Motioned Carried.
5. Public Comments: Nancy Moon – Paid Parking. Jonathan Smith – Paid Parking resolutions from 10 10 2022 Council Meeting. Amanda Wakefield – Paid Parking. Ted Quisenberry – Paid Parking Cara Catallo – Paid Parking. Chet Pardee – Public Comments read by Clerk Jennifer Speagle.
7. Sheriff Report for September 2022 Presented by Officer Yon.
8. Discussion: Parking Fees and Tickets September 2022.
9. Election Update
10. City Manager Report
11. Motion: Acceptance Of The Consent Agenda As Presented
Motioned by Luginski Seconded by Rodgers to approve the Consent Agenda as presented. All Aye. Motion Carried.
12. Old Business
12 a. Motion: EV Charging Station Agreement Approval
Motioned by Rodgers Seconded by Casey to table the EV Charging Station Agreement until the 11 14
2022 Council Meeting. All All Aye. Motion Carried.
12 b. Discussion: Main Street Oakland County Update
Update by Cara Catallo.
12 c. Motion: Halloween Hours In The Village
Motioned Casey by Seconded by Rodgers to set the Trick or Treating hours from 6:00pm-7:00pm on
Monday, October 31st, 2022. All Aye Motion Carried.
13. New Business
13 a. Resolution: Tree Removal Bid Acceptance
Motioned by Luginski Seconded by Casey to authorize the City Manager to contract with Otto Tree
Service to complete the removal of seven (7) trees and the trimming of another five (5) trees in the City easements at a not-to-exceed cost of $5,959, with $3,500 paid from the Tree Trimming budget and the balance from the Professional & Contractual Services budget. Casey, Haven, Rodgers, Luginski – Yes. Motion Carried.
13 b. Resolution: FODP Recommendation On Depot Park Wetland Boardwalk
Motion by Rodgers Seconded by Casey to authorize City Engineer Hubble, Roth & Clark to conduct a
GPS-based assessment of the Depot Park wetlands identifying possible boardwalk locations that would be cost efficient and likely acceptable by EGLE at a cost of $2,400 to be split equally between the Engineering Services budget and the Friends of Depot Park budget. All Aye Motion Carried.
Motioned by Luginski Seconded by Rodgers to adjourn at 8:42pm All Aye. Motion Carried.
Respectfully Submitted by Jennifer Speagle, City Clerk.