TAKEN BY THE TOWNSHIP BOARD
THE CHARTER TOWNSHIP OF INDEPENDENCE
April 20, 2021
A. A Regular Meeting of the Charter Township of Independence Board was called to order at 6:00 p.m.
B. The Pledge of Allegiance was given.
C. ROLL CALL: Present: Kittle, Neubeck, Loughrin, Brown, Nallamothu, Ritchie
Also Present: Brian Oppmann, Planning & Zoning Director; Mitch Petterson, Fire Chief; Derek Smith, PRS Director; Rick Yaeger, Budget and Operations Analyst; Daniel Kelly, Township Attorney
D. APPROVAL OF AGENDA: Approval of Agenda presented
E. CLOSED SESSION / BUDGET SESSION / STUDY SESSION: None
F. BOARD/PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENTS: None
G. PUBLIC COMMENT: None
H. PUBLIC HEARING: None
I. PRESENTATIONS AND REPORTS:
1. Presentation: Gravel Road Speed Limit Study Update (Brian Oppmann, Planning & Zoning Director)
2. Report: Oakland County Sheriff Department – Substation Activity Report (Lt. Todd Hill, OCSO Substation Commander)
J. CARRYOVER / POSTPONED AGENDA ITEMS: None
K. CONSENT AGENDA:
1. Request to Approve the Board of Trustees Regular Meeting Minutes of April 6, 2021
2. Request to Approve the April 13, 2021 Check Run ($589,570.61) and Ratify the April 16, 2021 Payroll ($263,278.81)
3. Request to Adopt Proclamation Recognizing the Month of May as Mental Health Awareness Month
L. ITEMS REMOVED FROM THE CONSENT AGENDA: None
M. REGULAR BUSINESS:
1. Approval of Professional Services Rate Schedule Change – Carlisle/Wortman Associates, Inc.
2. Acceptance of Bid – 2021 July 4 Fireworks Display
3. Adoption of Resolution to Approve 2021-2024 Fire Dispatch Service Agreement with the Oakland County Sheriff’s Office and Approval of 2021 Budget Amendment #11 – Fire Department
4. Acceptance of Quote for the Purchase of Automated External Defibrillators and Approval of 2021 Budget Amendment #12 – Fire Department
5. Approval of 2021 Budget Amendment #13: Matching Funds: Lakeview Cemetery Headstones and Bay Court Playscape
N. COMMUNICATIONS / FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS / REPORTS:
1. Minutes: Information Technology Oversight Committee (ITOC) – Final; March 9, 2021
O. BOARD MEMBER COMMENTS: Trustee Nallamothu
P. ADJOURNMENT: The Regular Meeting adjourned at 6:31 p.m.
Cari J. Neubeck, MiPMC/CMC
Published: Wednesday, April 28, 2021