ZONING BOARD OF APPEALS
DATE AND TIME: Wednesday, May 1, 2019 at 6:00 p.m.
LOCATION: Independence Township Hall
6483 Waldon Center Drive, Clarkston, MI 48346
- CALL TO ORDER
- PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG OF THE UNITED STATES
- ROLL CALL:
- REVIEW OF AGENDA: Agenda additions or deletions require a majority vote of Board Members present.
- PUBLIC COMMENT FOR ITEMS NOT ON THE AGENDA:
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
- NEW BUSINESS:
- Case #19-006, Ryan Ritter, Petitioner, Requesting: Two (2) total variances, 1) A 7.3 foot front yard variance and, 2) A 37.36 foot rear yard setback variance, both from Section 4.06(D), Table 4.06 in order to construct a garage addition on a nonconforming lot of record, 4910 Iroquois Blvd., Parcel #08-12-157-027, R-1 Single Family Residential.
- Case #19-007, Bowman Auto Group, Petitioner, Requesting: Two (2) total variances, 1) A 2 foot height variance on 6722 Dixie Highway and 2) A 9.43 foot height variance on 5738 S. Main Street, both from Section 12.03, Table 12.03 B-1 in order to construct two (2) new ground signs on the properties for Bowman Chevrolet, 6722 Dixie Highway & 5738 S. Main St., Parcel #08-29-453-021 and -006, C-3 Highway Commercial.
- Case #19-008, Charles Bowles, Petitioner, Requesting: A 7.45 foot rear yard variance from Section 4.06(D), Table 4.06 in order to construct a new home on a nonconforming lot of record, East side of E. Washington St., east of Roselawn Ave., Parcel #08-20-477-006, R-1A Single Family Residential.
- Case #19-009, Paul Mazanka, Petitioner, Requesting: Two (2) total variances, 1) A 3 foot rear yard variance and, 2) A 7 foot side yard variance, both from Section 5.06(A)(4), Table 5.06-2 in order to permit a partially constructed shed on the property, Parcel #08-20-152-001, 7184 Holcomb Rd., R-1A Single Family Residential.
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
- Regular Meeting Minutes of April 10, 2019
NOTICE: The above requests may be examined at the Building Department during regular business hours. Written comments may be sent to the attention of the Zoning Board of Appeals c/o Charter Township of Independence – Building Department; 6483 Waldon Center Drive – Clarkston, Michigan 48346 prior to the Meeting / Public Hearing. For further information call (248) 625-8111.
Barbara A. Pallotta, Clerk
NOTICE: Persons with disabilities needing accommodations for effective participation in this meeting should contact the Building Department at (248) 625-8111 at least two working days in advance of the meeting. An attempt shall be made to provide reasonable accommodations.