TAKEN BY THE TOWNSHIP BOARD
THE CHARTER TOWNSHIP OF INDEPENDENCE
June 4, 2019
- A Regular Meeting of the Charter Township of Independence Board was called to order at 6:00 p.m. at Independence Township Hall
- The Pledge of Allegiance was given.
- ROLL CALL: Present: Kittle, Pallotta, Brown, Aliaga, Loughlin
Also Present: Kimberly Feigley, Director of Assessing; Rick Yaeger, Budget and Operations Analyst; Steven Joppich, Rosati, Schultz, Joppich & Amtsbuechler, PC
- APPROVAL OF AGENDA: As presented
- CLOSED SESSION / BUDGET SESSION / STUDY SESSION: None
- BOARD/PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENTS: Supervisor Kittle
- PUBLIC COMMENT: None
- PUBLIC HEARING:
- Thendara Park Country Club/Sunny Beach Country Club New Paving Private Road Special Assessment District
The Public Hearing OPENED at 6:40 p.m.
The Public Hearing CLOSED at 7:10 p.m.
- Thendara Park Country Club/Sunny Beach Country Club Private Road Re-Paving Improvement Special Assessment District
The Public Hearing OPENED at 7:10 p.m.
The Public Hearing CLOSED at 7:32 p.m.
The meeting RECESSED at 7:42 p.m.
The meeting RECONVENED at 7:55 p.m.
- PRESENTATIONS AND REPORTS:
- Report: Supervisor’s Update – Road Millage Update
- CARRYOVER / POSTPONED AGENDA ITEMS: None
- CONSENT AGENDA:
- Approval of the Board of Trustees Regular Budget Session Meeting Minutes of May 21, 2019
- Approval of the May 28, 2019 Check Run ($898,920.21), Ratify the May 31, 2019 Payroll ($270,289.55)
- ITEMS REMOVED FROM THE CONSENT AGENDA: None
- REGULAR BUSINESS:
- Adoption of Resolution #3 for Thendara Park Country Club/Sunny Beach Country Club New Paving Private Road Special Assessment District
- Adoption of Resolution #3 for Thendara Park Country Club/Sunny Beach Country Club Re-Paving Private Road Special Assessment District
- Approval of 2019 Budget Amendment #19
- Adoption of Amendments – Employee (Non-Union) Policy and Benefit Manual
- Introduction and Approval of 1st Reading to Amend Ordinance to Add a New Appendix C – Franchises and Articles I thru III
- Approval of Job Descriptions: Clerk – Election – Finance
- Appointment of Board of Trustee Member – Township Clerk
- Appointment of Board of Trustee Member – Township Treasurer
- Appointment of Board of Trustee Member – Trustee Vacancy
- Ratification of Resolution 2019-011 – Commemoration of the 100th Anniversary of the Passage of the 19th Amendment
- COMMUNICATIONS / FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS / REPORTS:
- Communication: Oakland County Animal Shelter and Pet Adoption Center (OCAS/PAC) – June 20, 2019 Clintonvilla Mobile Home Community Census
- BOARD MEMBER COMMENTS: Trustee Aliaga
- ADJOURNMENT: The Regular Meeting adjourned at 8:50 p.m.
Barbara A. Pallotta, CMC
Published: Wednesday, June 12, 2019