TAKEN BY THE TOWNSHIP BOARD
THE CHARTER TOWNSHIP OF INDEPENDENCE
November 21, 2017
A. A Regular Meeting of the Charter Township of Independence Board was called to order at 6:00 PM at Independence Township Hall.
B. The Pledge of Allegiance was given
C. ROLL CALL: Present: Kittle, Pallotta, Brown, Aliaga
Absent: Loughrin, Ritchie Schroeder
There was a quorum present.
Also Present: Wendy Hillman, Finance Director; David McKee, DPW Director; Mitch Petterson, Fire Chief; Derek Smith, PR&S Director; Rick Yaeger, Budget and Operations Analyst; Peter Keenan, Karlstrom Cooney, LLP; Justin Sand, Johnson & Anderson Engineering; Karyn Stickel, Hubbell, Roth & Clark, Inc.; Tom Traciak, Umbaugh & Associates
D. APPROVAL OF AGENDA: As presented
E. CLOSED SESSION / BUDGET SESSION / STUDY SESSION: None
F. BOARD/PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENTS: Trustee Aliaga; Supervisor Kittle; Treasurer Brown
G. PUBLIC COMMENT: None
H. PUBLIC HEARING:
1. PY 2018 Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Application (Derek Smith, PR&S Director; Barbara Rollin, Senior Division Supervisor)
The Public Hearing OPENED at 6:07 p.m.
Public comment received from: Debbie Wertz, CAYA; Sarah Robinson, HAVEN.
The Public Hearing CLOSED at 6:17 p.m.
2. 2018 Budget (Patrick J. Kittle, Supervisor; Rick Yaeger, Budget and Operations Analyst)
The Public Hearing OPENED at 6:18 p.m.
There was no comment received from the public.
The Public Hearing CLOSED at 6:18 p.m.
I. PRESENTATIONS AND REPORTS:
1. Presentation: Independence Township SAW Grant Project Completion Overview (Karyn Stickel, P.E., Hubble Roth & Clark, Inc.; Tom Traciak, Umbaugh & Associates)
J. CARRYOVER / POSTPONED AGENDA ITEMS: None
K. CONSENT AGENDA:
1. Approval of the Board of Trustees Regular Meeting Minutes of November 7, 2017
2. Approval of the Payroll of Payroll of November 17, 2017 and Check Run of November 14, 2017 for a Total Amount of $812,564.44
3. Authorization to Submit RCOC 2018-2020 Permit Application – Municipality Community Event
4. Authorization to Submit RCOC 2018-2020 Permit Application – Municipality Maintenance
L. ITEMS REMOVED FROM THE CONSENT AGENDA: None
M. REGULAR BUSINESS:
1. Approval of 1st Reading – Amendment to Chapter 30: Offenses – Article VIII; Offenses Concerning Minors In Possession
2. Amendment to Previously Approved Motions #2017-11-213-b & -e: PY 2017 Subrecipient Agreement and Allocation Adjustment – Community Development Block Grant (CDBG)
3. Approval of 2018 Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Application and Conflict of Interest Certification
4. Adoption of the 2018 General Appropriations Act
5. Waiver of Bid Process – 2018 Spring & Fall Soccer Jersey Re-order
6. Acceptance of Proposal – Perpetual Care Fund Analysis from Perpetual Care Adequacy
7. Award of Bid and Acceptance of Proposal – Lakeview Cemetery – Phase I Columbarium Site Work
8. Award of Bid and Acceptance of Proposal – Lakeview Cemetery – Phase 2 Columbarium & Benches
9. Acceptance of Quote for Purchase of Ambulances – Fire Department
10. Approval of One Year Extension – Professional Legal Services Agreements
N. COMMUNICATIONS / FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS / REPORTS:
1. Minutes: Information Technology Oversight Committee (ITOC) – Final; October 3, 2017
2. Report: 3rd Quarter Financial Report
3. Report: Fiscal 2017 Actual to Budget Update for Period Ending October 31, 2017
4. Report: Building Department Monthly Report – October 2017
5. Report: Fire Department Monthly Reports – August-October 2017
6. Report: Oakland County Sheriff’s Department Monthly Report – October 2017
7. Communication: Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA) Award Notification (Received October 16, 2017)
O. BOARD MEMBER COMMENTS: None
P. ADJOURNMENT: The Regular Meeting adjourned at 8:57 PM
Barbara A. Pallotta, CMC
Published: Wednesday, December 6, 2017