TAKEN BY THE TOWNSHIP BOARD
THE CHARTER TOWNSHIP OF INDEPENDENCE
January 10, 2023
A. A Regular/Closed Session Meeting of the Charter Township of Independence Board was called to order at 6:00 P.M.
B. The Pledge of Allegiance was given.
C. ROLL CALL: Present: Aliaga, Neubeck, Brown, Moraco, Nallamothu, Ritchie, Stoian
Also Present: Brian Oppmann, Planning & Zoning Director; Derek Smith, PRS Director; Rick Yaeger, Budget & Operations Analyst; Brittney Ellis, Township Attorney; Nancy Olind, Township Attorney; Robert Ford, Landscape Architects & Planners
D. APPROVAL OF AGENDA: Approval of Agenda as Amended – Adding item M-01: Closed
Session to Discuss a Confidential Legal Opinion
E. BOARD/PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENTS: Trustee Moraco; Supervisor Aliaga
F. PUBLIC COMMENT: Vincent Bozzone; Cheryl Gianakos; Linda Bozzone
G. PUBLIC HEARING:
1. Public Hearing: Parks, Recreation & Seniors 2023-2027 ITPRS Master Plan Update
Public Hearing Opened at 6:16 P.M.
Comments: Trustee Stoian
Public Hearing Closed at 6:36 P.M.
H. PRESENTATIONS AND REPORTS:
1. Presentation: Dealer Community Charging Program, Bowman Chevrolet
I. CARRYOVER / POSTPONED AGENDA ITEMS: None
J. CONSENT AGENDA:
1. Request to Approve the Board of Trustees Regular Meeting Minutes of December 20, 2022
2. Request to Approve the January 3, 2023 Check Run ($641,376.08) and Ratify the
December 23, 2022 Payroll ($375,802.61)
K. ITEMS REMOVED FROM THE CONSENT AGENDA: None
L. REGULAR BUSINESS:
1. Adopt Resolution No. 2023-001 for the 2023-2027 Independence Parks, Recreation and Seniors Master Plan
2. Approval of the Second Reading and Adoption of an Amendment to the Eagle Ridge at Morgan Lake Planned Residential Development
3. Approval of the First Reading of the Zoning Ordinance Map Amendment for 5897 Dixie Highway – Dixxie LLC
4. Approval of 2023 Budget Amendment #1 – Add Money for Pine Knob Road Gravel Project
5. Approval of Request for Planning Commission to Review a Proposed Zoning Ordinance Amendment
6. Appoint Board and Committee Members – Trustee Moraco: Clarkston Mill Pond, Non-Union Benefit Advisory Committee; Trustee Stoian: Parks, Recreation & Senior Advisory Committee, Investment Advisory Committee, Wau-Me-Gah Lake Improvement Board
M. CLOSED SESSION / BUDGET SESSION / STUDY SESSION:
1. Closed Session: Discuss Confidential Legal Opinion Pursuant to MCL 15.268(h) and 15.243(1)(g)
Entered Closed Session at 8:51 P.M
Returned from Closed Session at 9:27 P.M.
N. COMMUNICATIONS / FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS / REPORTS:
1. Report: Building Department Monthly Report – December 2022
O. BOARD MEMBER COMMENTS: Trustee Aliaga, Trustee Nallamothu
P. ADJOURNMENT: The Regular/Closed Session Meeting adjourned at 9:30 P.M.
Cari J. Neubeck, MiPMC II / CMC
Published: Wednesday, January 25, 2023