TAKEN BY THE TOWNSHIP BOARD
THE CHARTER TOWNSHIP OF INDEPENDENCE
July 5, 2022
A. A Regular/Closed Session Meeting of the Charter Township of Independence Board was called to order at 6:00 P.M.
B. The Pledge of Allegiance was given.
C. ROLL CALL: Present: Fisher, Neubeck, Loughrin, Aliaga, Brown, Nallamothu, Ritchie
Also Present: Kimberly Feigley, Director of Assessing; Dave Piché, Fire Chief; Rachel Thompson, Human Resources Manager; Rick Yaeger, Budget and Operations Analyst; Dan Kelly, Township Attorney
D. APPROVAL OF AGENDA: Approval of Agenda as presented
E. BOARD/PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENTS: Trustee Ritchie, Clerk Neubeck
F. PUBLIC COMMENT: None
G. PUBLIC HEARING: None
H. PRESENTATIONS AND REPORTS: None
I. CARRYOVER / POSTPONED AGENDA ITEMS: None
J. CONSENT AGENDA:
1. Request to Approve the Board of Trustees Regular Meeting Minutes of June 21, 2022
2. Request to Approve the June 28, 2022 Check Run ($1,532,181.12), Ratify the June 22, 2022 Payroll ($347,165.95)
K. ITEMS REMOVED FROM THE CONSENT AGENDA:
1. Request to Adopt Resolution 2022-012 Establishing Guidelines for Granting Poverty Exemptions from Property Tax Pursuant MCL 211.7u
L. REGULAR BUSINESS:
1. Acceptance of Proposal – Asphalt Parking Lot Replacement at Fire Stations 1 & 3 and Approval of Fire Department Capital Improvement Plan 2022 Budget Amendment #18
2. Approval of 2022 Budget Amendment #17 – Michigan Tax Tribunal Property Assessment Defense Litigation Expenses
3. Adoption of Resolution 2022-013 – Approve Township Depositories
M. CLOSED SESSION / BUDGET SESSION / STUDY SESSION:
1. Budget Session: 2023, 2024 and 2025 Budget Process
2. Closed Session: Request to Enter Closed Session to Discuss Confidential Legal Opinions Pursuant to the Michigan Open Meetings Act, MCL 15.268(h) and MCL 15.243(1)(g)
Entered Closed Session at 6:49 P.M.
Returned from Closed Session at 7:52 P.M.
1. Approval of the Plan Documents to be Consistent with the Recently Approved Collective
Bargaining Agreement with IAFF
N. COMMUNICATIONS / FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS / REPORTS:
1. Report: Assessing Summary Report – 2022
2. Report: 2022 First Quarter Investment Report
3. Minutes: Election Commission – Final, April 5, 2022
O. BOARD MEMBER COMMENTS: None
P. ADJOURNMENT: The Regular/Closed Session Meeting adjourned at 7:55 P.M.
Cari J. Neubeck, MiPMC II / CMC
Published: Wednesday, July 13, 2022