TAKEN BY THE TOWNSHIP BOARD
THE CHARTER TOWNSHIP OF INDEPENDENCE
July 19, 2022
A. A Regular/Closed Session Meeting of the Charter Township of Independence Board was called to order at 6:00 P.M.
B. The Pledge of Allegiance was given.
C. ROLL CALL: Present: Fisher, Neubeck, Loughrin, Aliaga, Brown, Nallamothu, Ritchie
Also Present: David McKee, DPW Director; David Moran, Building Official; Brian Oppmann, Planning and Zoning Director; Dave Piché, Fire Chief; Rick Yaeger, Budget and Operations Analyst; Dan Kelly, Township Attorney; Richard Carlisle, Carlisle, Wortman Associates; Buzz Silverman, Developer-Waldon Village PUD; Jim Eppink, Land Planner-J. Eppink Partners, Inc.
D. APPROVAL OF AGENDA: Approval of Agenda as amended
E. BOARD/PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENTS: None
F. PUBLIC COMMENT: Isabel Gugyela; Patrick Kittle
G. PUBLIC HEARING: None
H. PRESENTATIONS AND REPORTS:
1. Presentation: Fire Department Promotion of Firefighter Cruz
I. CARRYOVER / POSTPONED AGENDA ITEMS: None
J. CONSENT AGENDA:
1. Request to Approve the Board of Trustees Regular/Closed Session Meeting Minutes of July 5, 2022
2. Request to Approve the July 12, 2022 Check Run ($137,796.18), Ratify the July 8, 2022 Payroll ($390,603.30)
3. Request to Approve Non-Corporate Resolution
K. ITEMS REMOVED FROM THE CONSENT AGENDA: None
L. REGULAR BUSINESS:
1. Approval of the 1st Reading-Amendment to the Planned Unit Development for Waldon Village II including Phase 4
2. Approval of Amendment to Agreement for Engineering Professional Services
3. Approval of Interior Facilities Improvements-Department of Public Works and Fire Station #1
4. Approval of 2022 Budget Amendment #19: Adjust Town Hall and Fire Accounts for Lawn Maintenance
5. Approval of 2022 Budget Amendment #20: Add Dollars for Thendara Road Maintenance
6. Approval of Inspections, Plan Reviews, Expired Permit Management Contracts
7. Adoption of Resolution No. 2022-015: Participation in Michigan Homeowner Assistance Fund
8. Discussion Regarding Employee Benefits
9. Adoption of Resolution No. 2022-014: Establish a Police Services Millage
M. CLOSED SESSION / BUDGET SESSION / STUDY SESSION:
1. Closed Session: Request to Enter Closed Session to Discuss a Confidential Legal Opinion Pursuant to the Michigan Open Meetings Act, MCL 15.268(h) and MCL 15.243(1)(g)
Entered Closed Session at 9:05 P.M
Returned from Closed Session at 9:25 P.M.
N. COMMUNICATIONS / FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS / REPORTS:
1. Report: Building Department Activity – June 2022
2. Report: Oakland County Sheriff Department – June 2022
3. Minutes: Election Commission – Final, June 25, 2022
O. BOARD MEMBER COMMENTS: Clerk Neubeck; Trustee Brown
P. ADJOURNMENT: The Regular/Closed Session Meeting adjourned at 9:29 P.M.
Cari J. Neubeck, MiPMC II / CMC
Published: Wednesday, July 27, 2022