ZONING BOARD OF APPEALS
DATE AND TIME: Wednesday, December 1, 2021 at 6:00 p.m.
LOCATION: Independence Township Hall
6483 Waldon Center Drive, Clarkston, MI 48346
Via Cisco Webex Meetings
Access Code: 2630 014 4538
Meeting Password: Indtwp
A. CALL TO ORDER
B. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG OF THE UNITED STATES
C. ROLL CALL:
D. REVIEW OF AGENDA: Agenda additions or deletions require a majority vote of Board Members present.
E. PUBLIC COMMENT FOR ITEMS NOT ON THE AGENDA:
F. UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
G. NEW BUSINESS:
1. Case #21-028, Robert Naeyaert, Petitioner, Requesting: Two (2) total variances, 1) A variance from Section 5.06(A)(4) for placement of an accessory structure in front of the principal structure and, 2) A 13 foot front yard setback variance from Section 5.06(A)(4), Table 5.06-2 in order to permit an addition to a detached garage, 8726 Maplewood Ave., Parcel #08-12-335-049, R-1A Single Family Residential.
2. Case #21-029, Independence Land Conservancy, Petitioner, Requesting: Two (2) total variances, 1) A variance from Section 5.06(A)(1) for placement of an accessory structure on a parcel without a primary structure and, 2) A 40 foot front yard setback variance from Section 5.06(A)(4), Table 5.06-2 in order to construct a tool shed on a future pocket park maintained by the Independence Land Conservancy, Northwest corner of Dixie Hwy. & Lakewood Blvd., Parcel #08-29-302-017, R-1A Single Family Residential.
3. Case #21-030, Darryl Landskroener, Petitioner, Requesting: A 15 foot front yard setback variance from Section 4.06(D), Table 4.06 in order to construct a covered porch, 8011 Longview Dr., Parcel #08-13-180-025, R-1A Single Family Residential.
4. ZBA Training: Effective Decision Making
5. 2022 Zoning Board of Appeals Meeting Schedule
H. APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
1. Regular Meeting Minutes of November 3, 2021
The Meeting will be conducted [virtually/ in-person at the Independence Township Hall and virtually] as authorized by the state of emergency declared by resolution of the Charter Township of Independence Board in accordance with the Open Meetings Act, MCL 15.263(2).
The video conference can be accessed by downloading the app Cisco Webex Meetings and clicking the GREEN “Join Meeting” button above or by phone +1-408-418-9388. The meeting number is 2630 014 4538. Public comment and questions will be accepted during the meeting at an appropriate time. The Chair of the meeting will explain the procedure and rules. You may also send correspondence regarding this meeting addressed to Zoning Board of Appeals, 6483 Waldon Center Drive, Clarkston, MI 48346 to express your concerns and comments prior to the meeting. You may also email your comments or concerns to Brian Oppmann, Planning & Zoning Director (firstname.lastname@example.org) or (248) 625-8111 (Option 2), prior to the meeting. A copy of the meeting materials may be found on the Township’s website or reviewed at the Township Planning & Zoning Department. Please also use the aforementioned contact for any questions on this process.
Cari J. Neubeck, Clerk
NOTICE: Persons with disabilities needing accommodations for effective participation in this meeting should contact the Building Department at (248) 625-8111 at least two working days in advance of the meeting. An attempt shall be made to provide reasonable accommodations.
ZONING BOARD OF APPEALS